1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water in hydrolic oil

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mike NY, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Anyone have any sugestions on how to get rid of water in the hydrolic system of my tractor and impliments? I have already done a recent fluid and filter change, but I cant fully get rid of the milky oil.
    Thanks, M-:cry:

2. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hey Mike,
    I'm not 100% sure ,but I think you have to keep changing it till it's not milky anymore.
    Use cheap oil till it's clear,then put in whatever you use.

3. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Oil change is like 9 gal/ ,Could get expensive! I was hoping that someone knew of an inline water seperator or some sort of fluid perhaps that would bond to the water. Alchol? IDK?
    Thanks M-

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes when you don't get the oil hot enough it won't burn off the condensation

5. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Grandview- I believe it origionated from the quick connects on the hoe, Dont know how I would get it any hotter to evaperate condensation?
    BTW - I grew up and worked near your neck of the woods, still have family in Depew, Bflo, N.T. and Amherst.- I wish I had your market to work in.
    M-

6. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

yup dump it and refill,get oil good and warm,repeat until oil is free from water.
    sometimes at work we will put cardboard over the radiator/oil cooler to get the temp up .