1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

water in fuel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by f350dieselemt, Dec 19, 2005.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

:redbounce hey guys whats up? i have a 2005 f-350 diesel Lariat.My water in fuel light came on in my message center and i have been clearing the warning for 2 days... does anyone know how to drain the water in the seperator.. i found the seporator but there is no lever on it to drain.. any help is thanked...thanks guys...:gunsfiring:
  2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Should be a drain plug. You should have gotten an allen wrech for it. If not buy one and drain.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the water out ASAP.
    If it gets into the fuel lines past the separator and reaches the engine it's like running sand through the injectors. Water wears them quickly! It has no lubricating properties. Put a drain pan under it when you drain it,don't let it run out on the ground. It has diesel fuel mixed into the water. Collect it and dispose of it properly.
  4. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

You won't find the drain lever like the manual shows. The trucks were built different from the book. Anyway, you need a 6mm allen wrench,look under the truck, on the drivers side framerail, just below where your feet would be when driving. Reach up over the front driveshaft and take out the plag. The older trucks have a brass plug, these will strip out very easy! The newer trucks have a steel plug, much better, take the plug out and let it drain into a pan until you see no more water. The reason you want to reach over the driveshaft is so all that nasty fuel/water doesn't run down your arm. Now just put the plug back in, cycle your key on, and off 3 or 4 times to bleed out all the air in the system, and you're ready to go!:salute: