1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

water in engine

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Aug 19, 2006.

1. i was washing my truck and doing the under carraige and think that i got some water in the engine. how would i get the water out if i keep running if will it hurt it at all and eventually evaporate. it was working fine before i washed it so pretty sure there is water in the engine. i have a gmc 2500 with 5.7
  2. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

I'm confused about where you think the water has gone. If you were washing the undercarriage, there isn't anywhere you could easily shoot water into the engine itself. Even in the engine compartment the biggest risk is getting the electronics wet. Unless you shot it directly into the air cleaner (with no filter), carburetor or throttle body, it probably did not get into the engine.

If the engine is running rough, it might be just some damp plug wires that are wet and causing a misfire, but even that is not very common once the engine gets hot.

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yep ... you would have had to want to put water in the engine. Otherwise, if there is water then check your radiator fluid level. If it's dropping or your oil is a little foamy, discolored then you probably have a head gasket leak.