1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water in diesel bed tank

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jewell1386, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I got a 100 gallon diesel bed tank off a buddy of mine, and without a thought I went down putt a couple hundred dollars of diesel in. Once i needed fuel i put some in the ruck and a couple 100 miles latewr fuel water light kicked on in my truck. I called the guy and asked when was the last time he used it his response was I put fuel in it a year ago pumped it off and just halled it around till I got traded in my truck for a gasser. I put the tank in the day after he bought his new truck. So here is the problem I am nervouse to put more of this fuel in my truck has any one ever used some of these items that claim to take the water out of the fuel and if you have name place to get and how well did it work. I have tried ISO heet and diesel 911 in the tank and it still tripped the light in the truck.
  2. BigHornyJeep

BigHornyJeep Junior Member