1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water dripping out floor vent with A/C on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DrakeSabitch, Apr 28, 2011.

1. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

It was pretty humid today, so i ran the A/C for about 10 minutes in the truck today, maybe 2nd time this year, since using it early last fall, and as i was driving i looked down and noticed a ton of water dripping out the passenger side floor vent. I have the vinyl floor and there was a decent little puddle there. The a/c was on 4, and in the floor/ dash vent setting. Anybody have this issue before? didnt have the time to crawl under there today and take a peek, should i be worried? 2006, W/T 2500HD

2. Sounds like the drain on the condenser box is plugged. Open the hood and look for the heater box on the passenger side firewall. Somewhere on the bottom there should be a short black hose/nipple looking thing. It has an opening in the bottom. Either twist it a bit with your fingers or put a wire or pencil in it to open it up. You'll know if you got it right away as water will pour out.

3. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

hey thanks for your help, i took a look at it today, and found a 1/2 inch crack on the box under the dash. the water is coming out of the crack, not sure how it got cracked, probably from me packing the truck with stuff one day. gona try cutting a small piece of plastic and cementing it over the crack, hopefully that will stop it from leaking inside. thanks again