1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

water contamination

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pale rider, Dec 16, 2009.

1. pale rider

pale rider Junior Member

Changed oil this week only to find that nice creamy color. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. No snow yet, but plow sure moved slowly and i knew it had to happen. Going to change the fluid at least twice to see if that will get as much of the old out as possible.

Is there any way to clean the system completly other than disassembly? Was thinking if there was a cleaner to add in system then change oil.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer Hydra-Flush is what you want. Not inexpensive but works excellent for flushing purposes. You'll still want to tear it open in order to hand clean the filter though.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Lift the plow, and pull the angle ram hoses. Push the plow side to side a couple times to clear the rams. Drain the hoses. Let the plow down and push the lift cylinder closed. Then drain the sump.

4. Meyer dealer told me to used Diesel Fuel

Meyer dealer told me to used Diesel Fuel. It is alot cheaper goes a long way then 1 quart of Meyer Hydra-Flush for $8.00 to $12.00 per quart. I had major dirt inside the pump / power until. I still could NOT get the dirt out. Not sure what the meyer shop did. It now works great & $150.00 labor later. Had dirt in the cross over valves.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. pale rider

pale rider Junior Member

diesel fuel

wondering if anyone else has used diesel fuel to clean system?
    How do you use Diesel to clean system? drain/flush old hyd. oil then add diesel and cycle plow then drain it and use Myers product doing the same before filling with new hyd. oil?

Thanks

6. Dealer name is:

The dealer name that told is Hoffman's Truck & Auto Repair Inc. Meyer & Western Plows & spreader dealer of St. Marys, PA. 15857