1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Watch when you back up. this young woman did not make it.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PowerWagon, Dec 8, 2009.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

very sad ,,,
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's pretty rough.....
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

That is sad. Very harsh reminder of how careful we need to be. Backup alarms are annoying and seem overkill but could make chaotic work areas safer.

Just going by the way they depict the story, the plow driver must have been REALLY close to the car (maybe too close?)
  5. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yeah as for those back up alarms wont brother me at all.. I have too much hearing loss. but I use my eyes alot check every thing before backing up
  6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Wow, very tragic and sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Any further info on this incident yet?
  7. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Did you know this person or something? The story you posted doesn't have any of the details you mention.

Sad reminder about how careful we need to be. Been on this forum for 3 years now and I see 1 or 2 stories like this every winter...
  8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Yes it is very sad and prayers go out to the families.

I agree but the public also needs to beaware and respect what we snow plow guys are doing. I have many times had people walk in front of my truck aswell as behind while plowing. I have Code3 strobes in my head light and tail lights as well as light bars on the roof and the public just does not seem to care.
  9. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Very Sad indeed. Even more sad that accidents like this can usually be prevented if everyone slows down and pays better attention, (including the non-plowers around us). Just another reminder to the rest of us of how chaotic it can be out there, and how cautious we really do have to be, even if it means taking a little longer to complete the job. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Very tragic :(