1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Watch those curb stops!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g.moore, Aug 20, 2008.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Wasn't paying attention and pulled in a little quick, busted the concrete curb stop into 3 pcs and you can see what happened to the mount. I suspect the crack was existing due to the amount of rust but it's another thing for those of us running the older units to keep an eye on. Everything's fixed now, just a real PITA to pull the lower part of the mount off.

plow mount 001.jpg

plow mount 004.jpg

plow mount 005.jpg
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ouch!!!!!!! glad to see it's feeling better .:eek:
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

im sure that woke you up lol. is that a factory snoway replacement? :D
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

haha wonder if that is tom aproved?... :D
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Whether older units or newer units, I would certainly recommend that you keep your eyes out for the curb stops. :nod:
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

thats some good advise tom haha:waving:
  7. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

The only reason I said "older units" is it seems like the newer mounts are alot higher than the old 3 pins like mine. When I'm fully loaded with wood (full 8' bed 5' high) and I have to brake hard it's even dug into the asphault. It may contribute that I have mine set at the lowest point I can, seems to cut better than when I had it in the center holes, still about 7" off the ground tho.
    So is this going to void the warranty?:D
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

lets see the curb lol
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did a weld break?:D