1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Washing Trucks/plows etccc.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ksland, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I see a lot of people say they wash their trucks/plows after every storm no matter what.

I wash as much as I can but just curious how you guys do it when the hose is frozen?

I guess you can load hundreds into the self wash places 10 quarters at a time, but is there anything I am missing?
  2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

indoor shop with seperate bays...even if I was paying, it would be worth the money.
  3. wddodge

wddodge Member

I use the local self serve car wash. About $3-$4 worth of quarters gets it good enough for me.

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

hot water in my shop keeps the hose from freezing and gets it cleaner....
  5. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Heated shop and running water.
    When there are good days I take the truck out and power wash it.
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just go to the car wash with the trucks. When your talking about all the thousands you put into your equipment, whats $3.00??? Also in the fall, I wax the heck out of the trucks and plows to protect them as much as I can.
  7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Wash down area outside for heavy washdown of sanders, truck etc....... Set up water line with fitting to blow water out of line after each use. Then they come in the heated garage for soap and water when it's real cold.

Each and every vehicle and piece of equipment small or large gets washed either right after storm is done or within 24 hours depending upon what time we finish or how long we have been out.
  8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Lucky me the fire house has a wash bay I can use anytime I want. Inside and free.
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, there it is....:nod:
  10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

OK simple thing --- 32deg + H20 = ICE
    To fix this prob ADD HEAT....
  11. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Not True! You can was in temps in the teens even in the single digits if you do it on sunny days. Let the unit sit in the sun for a little while first then you can wash it most of the time no problem! We have a heated garage and most of the time we doo the majority, if not all of our washing outside rather than in.
  12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Go to the quarter car wash and wash everything down outside, then put it in the garage and turn on the heater and clean out the inside real good and door jams and if its warm enough in the garage with the heater, its wax time.
  13. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

heated garage at work with a hot water pressure washer :drinkup: