1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Washed off???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by vmj, Oct 3, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I sprayed one of my wheel wells acouple days ago and now after it rained today it looks like it washed off!!!! whats up with that??????? I wanted to spray the whole frame this year but i'm not sold on it after this test area,since alot i read on here souds like every likes this stuff...

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i dont use it myself. i sprayed a whole bottle on my plow and after about 5 minuts of plowing it was all gone.

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thats what i cant see about this stuff... I did spray it on my sander conveyer when i put it away and it worked good there.

4. THEGOLDPRO

i guess if you just use it on stuff your storing i could see it working good, but if your spraying it on stuff your using all day its not gonna last. such as the plow, the undercarrage of the trucks ect, i just see it all washing off, or getting gunked up with sand and coming off.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

That is also my veiw of it... thats why i was looking for some imput from others that use it and are swaring by it.... thanks

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

IMO, its a waste to spray the underside of your truck...thats what undercoating, por15, etc, etc is for. As for any moving parts/hinges, elec. connections, and many other things I feel it's the best thing there is. BTW, I paint my plows with it at the beginning of the season and just have to spot touch them between washings through the winter, works good for me.

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

When you spray Fluid Film on a surface and it rains, much of the product does indeed wash away. However, since the product embeds into the pores of the metal, enough remains to protect for significant periods of time. Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't still protecting. If there is a shine to the surface, Fluid Film is still doing its job.

Both John Deere and Caterpillar use Fluid Film on their heavy equipment before shipment. It sits out in full exposure to salt air, salt water, and rain, and the product continues to work for them.

8. THEGOLDPRO

meh.....................

9. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

whatever...

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

GoldPro would rather give up his right nut then try FF!

11. THEGOLDPRO

not true, i have tried it, and dont care for it. i gave it a chance and wasnt impressed.

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your right nut?:laughing:

13. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

14. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

i love the stuff but i am a sucker for stuff like this
    but it actually works pretty well for me
    where im at snow comes when it wants or maybe not at all and ff stays on my meyer even after use. If you want something to stay forever powder coat it and then you will be happy. I say the product does what it says and keeps my spreader and plow rust free and clean. I use it on my mowers in the winter and it kept them crisp. I personally wish it was less oily and washed off as long as it is doing its job but some people need to see a product to think it is working. If you have some spray on something that is getting rusty and give it a test if u dont like send it to me and I am sure there r a hundred other products out there that promise the same results I have too little time to find them so im sticking with it