1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WashBoard effect?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ggwash21, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

I keep getting a wash board effect on a few of my sites any idea???? ive tried adding a 75# wieght to the aframe and still the same

2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Trip springs properly adjusted? Old and weak?
    I had that problem, when I replaced the ones on my Meyer 8', problem was fixed.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've heard people recommend angling the plow the opposite way when pushing the snow. Maybe you've already tried that.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Are you getting this with just 1 truck or all of them?

5. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

im not sure if this is right, but if its only a few sites, the pavment could be old and where people drive, has sunken, making 2 gulleys, if you will, i nthe pavement, so now your blade is scraping only on the outer edges and the middle, which could cause it to bounce around. i ve had the same troubles a few times and that was the reason, also check the trip springs :rolleyes:

6. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

its only on my commercial sites and i think its the trip springs 3 of themare streched out like mad!! i'm replacing them today and hop efor the best... Also When i have my blade straight the ends touch the ground but theres a 1/4 inch gap in the middle of the egde were its not touching the ground???? i've ran it down the Hwy to maybe even it out but no luck... Any ideas would be great Also i'm looking for 2 new mold boards C-7.5 and C-8 any shape :salute:

7. RWK in WI

This often happens when using the same truck/plow one site. The plow at full angle bounces a little and creates ridges. The next pass or plowing the blade drops in the small ridges and the get pushed out makeing the washboard deeper. It can be prevented or cured by plowing with changing the angle, or using a truck that has a different blade that generally changes the angle. If you only have one truck on the site you can wedge a chunk of wood to keep the plow from angleing all the way. Plowing in the reverse direction also works but can't always be done. If you have a large open area ( parking lot ) you could try plowing on a diagnonal.
    I hope this helps you.

8. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

I'm on my way to that site right now i'm gonna go in a different direction.. try something new i have a 3/8 inch cuttin edge and i am buyign a 1/2 cutting edge and takinghte old 3/8 flip it upside down and weld it to he new cutting edge think that will work>??