1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wash? OR No Wash?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by John143, Dec 7, 2012.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

It's our first year using FF I try to read before posting but..... I like honest answers from guys that have been using this for years.

We got 2 brand new trucks this year and I sprayed both of the trucks with FF hours after we got them.

Now.... I usely take the trucks to the car wash after every "salting" but should I still do this now that they have been treated with FF?

I'm concerned if we keep taking the trucks to the car wash after each "use" we will just wash the FF off and then be screwed?

Like I said. Both trucks are 2012's I'd like to keep them looking like 2012 for the next couple years! More or less I want to do things right from the start.

Thanks all for your input....

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't wash after every salt. I don't know where you put the FF but if it was mostly underneath the trucks, you could wash the topsides off. I think wash as little as possible where you FFed, that's what I do.

3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

If you really want to keep it clean from rust, get an undercoat to protect it or put por15 to protect from rust or anything like that.

4. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

you can wash it. I normally spray any scratched body panels on my truck with FF. I take it threw the touch less once a week during the salty times. The under body will normally last about 2.5 months if you use the under body high pressure pray. The low pressure spray about 4.

If you're really looking to protect your truck and it's new get the zbart undercoating they touch it up for free every year. Fluid Film is great for the parts that don't get undercoated but I wouldn't use it as a long term rust proofer. too time consuming.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck should be washed every time you salt without a doubt. Water/salt/dirt on the road have already washed off the bulk of any fluid film on the surfaces of the vehicle and leaving salt residue is just doing more harm. The fluid film will have already worked its way in to the cracks, seams, cavities and other small areas where it really counts and is not directly affected by washing.