1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Was up playas?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Hey ho fambily....just dropping in to see whos still surfing these boards in this HEAT of July.
    letting you all know i am still here, and still waiting on that white gold like you guys.

so whats all my strobin brothers been up to all spring?..

Thumbs Up
  2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

waiting for Orders from whelen to get some trucks done before winter

also working on a Radio Repeater Project 4 company one Machine one Frequency Mototrbo rules
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Activity has dropped off on this site, but still seeing some good posts. Going to be a hot week thats for sure.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Making kits for different people, a few installs, polishing some domes for a local FD.
  5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Working on my Ford Flat bed dump project. When I am done I will be posting the whole project. The rear tail light panel will have strobes in it as well.
  6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I pop in every now and then!
  7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I aint a freak or nothin but installed 08+ superduty tail lights and deleted the reverse bulb to fix with clear haw strobe. :mechanic:
  8. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

9. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Strobe'n has been a little slow these days for me. I just bought a house - so I've been splitting my time trying to keep her happy while I get my new garage into working order. But the season's are-A-changing.... so I'll be back at it soon enough. Thumbs Up
  10. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Im looking to install some more lights on the truck. I really dont want to run anymore power packs. How are the Led Flashers. Are they bright? Can you get all of them you hook up to flash in the same pattern?
  11. grec-o-face

If you get a decent unit, you can do just as you want. I run two of them. One from my FRONT switch firing my Factory cab clearance lights (with LEDs) and Factory mirror LEDs. The other is from my REAR switch and it fires my (Recon) 3rd brake assemby and cargos. It also runs a pair of license plate mounted LEDs and under tailgate LED's.

Here's a quicky showing the cargo set-up... sh*tty footage from a cell phone though.

12. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Gettin ready fot the woodward dream cruise! Going with a buddy of mine. he has a international cxt pickup
  13. grec-o-face

14. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Very nice my friend ... Where are thos LEDs under the tailgate from?
  15. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

looks really nice , must have a lot of time invested
  16. hondarider203

hondarider203 Member

I have a lot of led running lights on my truck and I was wondering what all I need to make them all strobe just relays and and an led flasherdo I need a relay for each light of flasher for each light or can I tie most of them together....what kind of flasher and relays would you recommend. Thanks for any help
  17. grec-o-face

They're Maxxima 3/4" flush mount grommet style.

I sure do. Lot's more time than money, thankfully. :confused:
  18. grec-o-face

Here's an old thread of mine with a little more discussion regarding the wiring and pin-outs for the relays.... Sorry, the old videos don't link properly, but still some good reading...

19. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Just installed a 3 way switch and relay in my back up lighting. Its so nice to not have to manually turn on the revers lights
  20. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

by 3 way do you mean

1- off
    2- reverse actuated
    3- force on

all on a single three position switch?...Very nice..i am a huge fan of that set-up.

Now...take a look at your interior light that comes on when you unlock your door with the key fob....find the ground trigger off that light and use it to hit the reverse when you unlock or open doors....its very nice at night...

then tie the fogs in to it and add a set of fogs center truck tucked up under body aimed at ground....i have it like that and LOVE it..

of course when i tied everything into the doors like that i also put a tiny push on/off button switch in a clever spot where i can simply kill all the non stock lighting if i am being sneaky...funny thing too is that very same switch disables my brake lights too as well as stock interior light......i call it my "dark" switch...really nice at night to be able to operate with absolutely no lights if you ever wanted to for whatever reason. Turn on the map lights in the roof that are now red leds if you need a touch of light.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011