1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

was this a good price

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by padec21, Dec 5, 2008.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

over the summer I bought a 2001 F250 for $14500. Its a lariat V10 crew cab. leather fully loaded, heated seats everything. Leer cap. fisher mm1 with 7 1/2 RD plow. new tires. dealer put all new rotors on, serviced all fluids. put in new front hubs (1 was hard to turn by hand) and it has air bags and helper springs in the rear. the truck only has 53k on it. 1 owner and the dealer gave me a clean car fax. the truck is perfect inside and out. at the time i thought it was a great price. blue book on the truck was 21k. trade in was 17k per Kelly Blue Book.com
    I bought it to pull my camper but the plow was a bonus for me. wasnt even looking for one.

was this a decent price for this truck?
    i live in Ct. if that matters.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Find out if the plugs have ever been changed. If not then get them done or at the very least re-torqued.

3. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Ihave 1 truck with a v10 I really like the cheaper maintenance costs verses the diesel.

4. Bryce

Bryce Junior Member

I bought my 2001 V-10 2 years ago....had 90000 miles paid 13500 with plow..since then.....
    new tranny...3600
    hubs, drag links, ball joints..1900
    breaks...300...did myself
    Yes good price...just hope you got the extened warrenty

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

How is a V-10 ceaper to maintain than a PSD?

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Oil and filter for a gas engine runs about $15. Diesel is quite a bit higher from what I have heard. Diesel fuel is close to $1 higher just to mention a few things. JMO

7. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I think you got a great deal.

8. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

The PSD holds 14 litres of oil verses 7 for the V10.The air filter is $15 compared to $70 for PSD.Oil change intervals are the same if used in dusty conditions or for towing.

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You know what they say though, " once you've been stroked you never go back ".

My 2005 V10 had a ton of low end torque, but it in no way plowed snow like the monster I have now does.