1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Was just wondering ::::::::::::::::

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rl53103, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rl53103

rl53103 Junior Member

Im new here and was just wondering if i had any options at all ,,, I have a chevy truck ( Silverado ) 2007 but its not 4 wheel drive ,,,plus just a 6 cyl ok ,,, my question is do they make light weight blades for say easier flatter surfaces that i could do some snow removal on a light bases so to speak , or if not do i have any other options with being able to remove snow without costing a arm and leg !! I do have a small john deere 21 hp i could get a blade for and do small jobs couldnt I ?? driveways etc...
    do you all think that the command for that would be profitable or not ??
    Thanks in advance

2. BulldogPS

BulldogPS Member

I don't think it would be worth the investment for a plow, because its a V6 you can only put a small blade on it. The small blades now cost $3000+ and they are a waste of time and money. The construction of them is piss poor at best, you'll be lucky to get 2 seasons out of it before it folds like a pretzel. Also because your truck is 2wd you will be sliding around everywhere when you are trying to push snow even on flat ground. As for your John Deere I don't know, but my rule of thumb is, if its smaller than a 3/4 ton truck, its not worth putting a plow on it. If you are looking to get into plowing find a good 3/4 ton truck to start out, thats really the only way to get ahead, anything else is just wasting your time.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Any pics?????
  4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

They make plenty of plows that are light and will last more then 2 years. Snow way for example. Plowing with a 2wd though, that's useless. You'll be able to push the snow but within 10 min, you'll get stuck, and wont be able to get out. The tractor, unless it has a cab, won't be much fun to plow with. Unless they are your neighbors or somthing... still when its 10 below with windchill, you'll get sick of it real quick
  5. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

You bought the wrong truck to put a plow on. If you planned this out why wouldnt you have bought a 4WD and a bigger truck in general. Its gunna be like pulling teeth with that truck..
  6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

its pointless. 2wd is hard enouph to plow with when it has a powerful engine. a 6cyl forget about it.
  7. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

i have to agree a 6cyl 2wd is kinda a pointless plow rig... id say try to find a old beater 4wd S10 for short money (few hundered bucks) and use that plus there small so there good for drivways
  8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

this is what u need and this guy needs to learn how to run it. and it needs a cab but then again maybe he like freezing i dno. i am not sure what there doing but its across the street from my house and they needed a place to park so he clean part of the drive
    <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i218.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid218.photobucket.com/albums/cc210/kgrland/0310080939.flv">
  10. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Sure KGR! and he can trailer it around w/ the truck he already has! That'd be awesome!!!