1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Was I ripped off by Snowbear?

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by towlog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. towlog

towlog Junior Member

I purchased a mount the other day and was charged for shipping to the US yet the website says shipping is free. I also sent an email and they responded it was free. I have sent two emails to Snowbear asking for clarification and a refund of the shipping charges and they have yet to respond. Do they always do this?

I sent this email

To: sales
    Subject: Shipping Question

I see the price for a new mount on the website, does that include shipping to the USA. My zip is Cumberland, RI 02864

I got this response

All mounting brackets are $269.99 which includes the shipping charges. Thank you,

SnowBear Customer Service
    155 Dawson Rd., Guelph
    N1H 1A4, Ontario, Canada
    Office: 1.800.337.2327
    Fax: 1.866.767.2584
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What is the breakdown.How much is just the mount?
  3. towlog

towlog Junior Member

Order Items
    Quantity Name SKU Price Subtotal
    1 63007 Snowplow Mount 63007 CAD 269.99 CAD269.99
    4 5/16" Hitch Pin 79020 CAD 3.50 CAD14.00

SubTotal : CAD283.99
    Shipping and Handling Fee : CAD45.14
    Tax Total : CAD0.00
    Total: CAD329.13
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That's kinda how I feel everytime I order from the States, except there's usually another $40 brokerage fee. Free trade:rolleyes: Sorry about your luck...they are a site sponsor though so your in the right spot to effectively publicly complain.
  5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Shipping free, handling charge not so much?

Since other parts we're added along with the plow mounts the shipping charge was applied in error, we have credited the shipping cost back.

Sorry for the inconvenience.