1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Was I being an a-hole?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Thoth7475, Dec 19, 2008.

Am I an a-hole?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2009.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
  2. No

37 vote(s)
  1. Thoth7475

Thoth7475 Junior Member

So I pull into a stripmall today because the wife needs her Starbucks, when I notice that my windshield wipers still have some chunks of ice keeping them from fully moving/wiping....the usual thing, now, while I'm cleaning off my blades & nothing more, the guy clearing the lot stops & starts yelling at me for pulling snow off my truck & dropping it where he just cleared & that I should know better....I tried to tell him it was less then a snowballs worth of snow AND I tossed it onto the pile he left at the end of the parking spot...I totally get someone getting pissed if I was leaving a pile of "vehicle snow" in a clear spot, but this was nothing more then window wiper ice/snow AND I took the time to actually pile it on my hood & then pick it up & toss it on the pile. So....I'm asking the plowsite public...is this being an a-hole or was the guy just being a dick?
  2. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Other dude is the dick.
  3. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

The other guy is definitely in the wrong. Think about if the situation was reversed. Would have yelled at someone else - a customer of the person signing your check? I think not.
  4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Sounds like you got the blunt of a frustration that has been building for some time. You probably didn't deserve that, but he saw your plow and took a cheep shot to vent his anger. It's better than the pile of puke I stepped in this morning stuck on the icy pavement at the main entrance of a hotel. I had to contemplate whether to melt it or not, cuz ya know how that slip and fall stuff can go xysport :dizzy:
  5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

lol. The ice off your wipers, that's not much. Maybe he assumed the whole pile that you were throwing the snow in was from you.

It woulda been funny if you were shoveling out the bed of your truck or something in his lot....
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

hahahahaha.....I would of jumped into the bed of the truck and emptied it out right there! F*** Him!