1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Was befuddled for a bit...

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MOWBIZZ, Dec 20, 2009.

1. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

My 2007 29 has been nothing but PERFECT for going on it's 3rd season...today I got to an account I have been plowing since day one...oh oh...what happened...no control. won't go down won't go up...hmmm move truck a llittle..oops there it goes down...wait...won't budge now...???? WTF???
    Limped through the job, doing my best between loss of the control...went the gas station down the street and topped off, and got 2 new AA batteries for the remote...plow working okay now...hmmm...went to next client..no problems...WTF??

Did my last 4 accounts with no problems whatsoever...hmmm...must have been something "stuck" or the batteries were weak...
    Went back to the same house where it started happening to do some cleanup...bang! Plow won't move again...scratching my head now...then the light bulb came on...Wireless interference!!! Someone in that house must have installed a wi-fi or something that messes with my wireless operation...had me baffled for a while, but this has to be what happened, especially as it repeated when I went back there...:dizzy:
    Whatcha think? is my guess correct?

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Possibly: I had one account (had nothing to do with electronics), the majority of breakdowns always seem to happened at that site. Its hard not to be superstitious.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What batteries, Bunnies (energizers) work best. They're just a LITTLE longer then the others.

4. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I had been using "Werker" batteries from the Batteries Plus store (cheap and good $2 for 8 batteries) for the last 2 years, but at the gas station I bought some Energizer Bunny Batteries...Werkers have worked excellent last 2 years...I do admit that the werker batteries just sit in my console until they're needed. I usually swap batteries every other event whether even if they appear good. Don't know what a AA battery's shelf life is...

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Piercelawns in Rodchester had an issue with a wi-fi and had to go to a wired because of the one lot.

Check it a couple more times in case it was an isolated incident.