1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warrenty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mysticlandscape, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I dont rember ever really seeing any threads on this, so I am gunna ask.

Do you guys buy the extended warrenties on your trucks? Also, do you think they are worth it. My 2006 has 30,000 on it and I have to decide if I want to purchase it or not. It will cost me $2135.00 and that will cover 500 compents untill 75,000 or Aug of 2011. Looking for some feed back..

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i would do it, there great to have for those repairs that you dont expect to ever happen

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

as long as the warranty company wont give you any guff about plowing in the fine print!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

My father in law bought an extended plan for his chevy and the warranty co went out of business-He's out 1880.00. Get the plan through the manufacturer and get in writing that it will be transferred in case the same thing happens. Good luck

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea don't buy a third party Warrenty! Make sure it's a Ford one. I hope you buying this:http://www.dieselwarranty.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

6. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we get the factory extended warrenty on all truck we buy. Just good insurance and the $50 deductable is not bad.

8. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Thats the ticket right there, I worked for Ford for a long time and saw extended warrenty's get voided and denied with the sight of a snow plow. And yes it DOES NOT matter if the truck has the snow plow package , the adjusters dont care. Also I would buy a FORD extended warrenty, not some micky mouse aftermarket warrenty.