1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warren Tailgate Spreader problems

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mean4x4, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

My Warren Tailgate spreader on my dump is throwing really heavy 5 ft to the left of the truck, and fairly light 20 ft to the right of the truck. I am leaving trails around my job sites. One of my old employees cut the left 1/2 of the shroud off the spinner after he backed into a pole and bent it up. Could this cause the problem? Anyone using a warren spreader pls send me a PM with what kind of salting results you're achieving with it. Thanks, Mike
  2. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

if you post pics we can maybe help,your deflector shouldnt be your main control,it is where the salt drops onto the spinner that is what helps determine where the salt will go if you ,if you make it drop at 10 oclock it is going behind your truck and towards the passenger side.if it drops at 8 oclock it will go toward the drivers side and out,not sure what spreader that is but there are other things that can change that so post a pic.