1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warren aluminum spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jguck25, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Hey i have been looking for some information on the warren sanders.. I am going to be sanding a few places this year and have found a warren sander for sale locally that is made of aluminum.. not SS or steel, but all aluminum. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these?

2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

the guy is asking 1200 for it.. anyone?

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Warren aluminum V box, it was a very good unit.

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I would be afraid of using anything but sand in an aluminum spreader. I have no knowledge of thier spreader but I know alumium can react with lots of other metals (I think sodium is technicaly a metal)

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Never an issue with salt or chloride sand.

6. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

yeah my father was actually wondering the same thing with the aluminum.. thats another reason i asked about that. But i talked to a good friend of ours who used to have one and he said it was great, but he did wash it out after everystorm.
    I ended up buying it this morning. started right up and works great

7. D DRUMS LLC

D DRUMS LLC Junior Member

Hello, i bought one six years a go. Ran just salt at times and sand salt .just wash it out after use. I was told the replacement cost today is over 7k sounds like you got a great deal.cant go wrong at that price . Good luck

8. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Really? 7k to get a new one of these?wow haha I have been looking EVERYWHERE to find a number and cannot do it. even the offical warren page does not give a price. its very aggrivating. I have been googling it for a couple hours now. I even callled a local dealership and he said that they no longer carry them, so he couldnt even give me a price

9. D DRUMS LLC

Last year i was looking for a shoot and found a few dealers in mass i will look to see if i can find the sight i know w. H. Rose in ct was a dealer 860-228-8258

10. D DRUMS LLC

guess what i found ? it is www.dumptrucks.com hope this can be of a help to you.happy sanding