1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Aug 16, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Anyone know of a GOOD aftermarket warranty company for my truck? I can not get a factory extended because I am out of the regular warranty. Whats your experience?
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you plow with your truck, I think you are out of luck. Make sure if you do get it that they know you plow and get it in writing. I don't personally like extened warranties, they are expensive and if you've had your truck since new and looked after it, you can carry your own insurance.On the other hand if you've had an ongoing problem with a vehicle and the warranty is up, the extended warranty might be a good idea. On my 98 GMC I bought an aftermarket extended warranty with it when it was brand new, 4 years later I had problems with the tranny which I thought would have warranty. Apparently trucks that plow snow are not covered. I managed to get my money back because the dealer was the one that took my truck to get the blade put on. At least I got my money back.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I think you may be out of luck. They will say your truck is a commercial vehicle and not covered. My Wife's got the warranty every time and made out like a bandit on her vehicles
    She gets like 2 to 3 times the cost out of them ! Me, The thing never breaks till the warranty's done !

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i think it was great lake that covered snowplowing however the extra premium was pretty expensive.