1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warranty

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sthoms3355, Feb 15, 2014.

1. sthoms3355

sthoms3355 Member
    from Detroit

Does the original installer need to work on warranty issues of a W-O or can any authorized Western Dealer complete the work?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would assume any Western dealer can as long as you have the proof its still under warranty

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

At the shop I worked we had to attach the serial number sticker off the crate to our install work order. The sales rep would record it or file it. When people came back they would look it up to determine install date. Comercial got two winters warranty. Not sure if they submit the serial number to any central server. I don't remember anyone who didn't buy from us asking for warranty.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. mishnick

My friend who still works at my old western dealer says each customer is supposed to register their purchase with western. If u do your covered, if not good luck.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

If their warranty is anything like their customer service. Good luck.

6. mishnick

Warranty issues are a pain for the dealer. They make their money selling and installing but warranty is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Western doesn't compensate for all the time troubleshooting, as I understand, they give a credit for the failed part and the time it would take to replace under ideal conditions. Sometimes there is a lot of troubleshooting involved just to pinpoint the problem, for this the dealer gets nothing. Since I am not an authorized warranty center I charge by the hour to do warranty troubleshooting. People gladly pay me to find the problem efficiently and then take the faulty part for exchange at the dealer from which they bought it. Even then they have to pay for the part and wait weeks for warranty approval from Western. Bottom line is that operators want their plow on the road and making money.