1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warranty repair

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jlb2500hd, Dec 10, 2005.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I recently had the alternator replaced in my 04 2500hd, the other day i was doing some work on my plow, and noticed that the alternator had a tag on it that said it was remanufactured. Shouldn't dealers replace parts with new parts? I'm thinking they are just trying to get by until the warranty is up. Anybody else have any experiences or knowledge on this? I'm thinking about calling the dealer and questioning it. Thanks for the feedback.

2. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

They did that with me too I called and bitched and they replaced it with a brand new one so you should call and demand the same.

3. towman

towman Member

most of the big three will replace parts with a rebuilt if they offer it, a truck we had at work needed a transmission and ford put a rebuilt in and told us they warrranty of that was up at the same time the truck warranty was up, doesn;t seem right but thats how they do it

4. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

My dealer said the same thing on an alternator last year... I said fine, I'll pay you with factory remanufactured checks from now on... Had a new one installed about 30 minutes later.