1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warranty just ended...and it broke!! Little help pls

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lawnscape PM, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Lawnscape PM

Lawnscape PM Junior Member

And so it begins. I have a Fisher EZ V stainless that has one wing that is moving extremely slow both on its own and when moving to the scoop position. When moving to the scoop position the slow side will move faster once the other side reaches full extent. This makes me think it is a valve issue but don`t know how to adjust for more flow.
    The same plow will lift extremely slow when there is any weight at all on the blade as a whole and is almost useless in heavy wet snow for lifting. I have three of these plows and the other two act completely different with loads of power. Any help would be great!!!!!

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Ez-V's came in stainless? or are you talking about an Extreme V?

3. Lawnscape PM

my bad, Extreme V

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When was the unit serviced last?

5. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Sound like the Plow oil & filters need to be change. After flushing & cleaning all areas where the plow oil goes, like the manifold, Cylinders, Angle/Lift, the pump, the valves screens. Plow oil will not go thur if being block by something. May need to change a part or more

6. Lawnscape PM

Good thought. It was serviced at the time of the problem and the repair shop didn't get to it. New fluids, new motor and solenoid. I just redid the fluids when I discovered the problem this week. I didn't remove the valve block or anything.Wouldn't mind a service repair manual for these plows. Can you get those?

7. WeDoSnowplowing

8. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

F-150 carrier bushing

Can anyone tell me if they have the problem of the carrier bushing going out on a 2006 F-150 2wd, this a running truck we do not plow with this truck but the bushing is pressed on the drive shaft and no part store has the replacement so the only place is the dealer, but you have to buy the entire drive shaft and it's $910.00 the is insane! :realmad: :cry:

9. Lawnscape PM

try a wrecker yard. They should have a cheaper solution.

Thanks for the links to the diagnostics WEDOSNOWPLOWING.

10. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks but already did and can not even locate one, bulls@@t

11. WeDoSnowplowing

Can that driveshaft be rebuilt? Had my rebuilt

12. Lawnscape PM

13. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for all the help guys, the part that went out was the rubber carrier bushing that is pressed on the drive shaft right behind the yoke all I can see is to cut off the yoke and try to find the rubber carrier and reweld the yoke on.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Get a pressure gage on it. What you're describing are classic symptoms of low pump pressure. Several reasons for it, but check to see where it's at first.

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How many filters are there? I need to do my XV

16. Lawnscape PM

from what I have read so far just the one on the oil pick up. I have yet to start yanking coils and relief valves to hunt for screens.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on whether its AC or DC driven. What color are the wires?

18. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

dont! just one in the resevoir. make sure to disconnect the buss bar from the transformer before you drop the can.

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a purple, two orange, a yellow, and a green.

No black, white, or red. I'm beginning to think this thing isn't AC nor DC.

Does Walmart sell the pretty orange filters that fit my plow?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009