1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warranty issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tbrothers, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone has had to deal with warranty after putting a plow on your truck. My bumper to bumper is expired but still have the 5yrs or 60,000 on the power train,Just want to be ready if I ever have issues.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Do you have the plow prep package?
  3. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I don't think so I bought the truck used with 12,000 miles on it.Can't find any where it says it does.I've weigh the truck with the plow and I'm right at 5200 front axle weight and 9620 total GVW with 800lbs of ballast.
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It will depend on WHAT breaks and what your claim is. It looks like the plow is already on your truck (according to your sig). If everyone said your powertrain warranty is completed void, would you take off the plow? Didn't think so. Don't worry about it and don't beat the truck. Give the dealer your VIN and they can tell you if the package is there. The plow prep doesn't add anything to the drivetrain as far as I know. The package is a bigger alternator and a skid plate most of the time. Skid plate..give me a freakin' break.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

The plow is already on the truck your right.Not really worried about problems.I'm the only one who drives the truck and I'm not one to beat the crap out of it.I looked at what you get with the plow package and its the bigger alternator and Heavier coils in the front.

Was just curious,If it meant I had to pay for a tranny or take the plow off before I took it to the dealer then yes I probably would take it off. I just think if that was the case would the void the warranty for putting a fifth wheel hitch in the back.Its a work truck not a grocery getter.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Taking off the plow would mean removing EVERYTHING that is plow related. Ugghh, I'll take the chance and leave it all on.
  7. JN16184

JN16184 Member

I bought the extended warranty for my '05 F250SD w/6.0. I bought the truck new with the snowplow package. When I bought the extended warranty, I told them I had a plow on the truck. The warranty cost a lot more because of the plow (can't remember exactly how much). I bought the 7 year/70k mile. I'd guess that they'll try to dodge any repair that they can and attribute it to the plow, but they do have be able to blame the plow to deny coverage.