1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning to New ford Buyer

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chasity2682, Jan 16, 2010.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I bought a new 2010 Ford F350. I had them build to spec. I paid the $400 to upgrade from a set of all seasons to a set of all terrain. They sent me a set of continetal contitact TR these are not all terrain they are lux all season. I fought with ford canada for 2 weeks to even look at the sight or call the company to ask about them they told me they have given me my final answer, they are not calling me back and those are the tires I am getting because the book says they are A/T. Now at 1500KM my transfer case is shot and they want to rebuild it and take my truck for a 1 week minimum.
    Built Ford Rough:laughing:
  2. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

huh? transfer is shot because of the tires?
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

My Ford transfer cases have been bulletproof, and very few complaints are ever heard about them, so I'll assume yours is a fluke.

As for the "all-terrain" tires. Where have you been? That's been going on for over 5 years... It's no secret that when you buy a new ford, you drive it directly to the tire shop, don't pass go, don't collect $200... :rolleyes:
  4. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

should of Got a DODGE:laughing::nod:.. but really that sucks

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

But then he would have to drive directly to his parents house and tell them he is gay HAHA
  6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

At least he wouldn"t have to walk
  7. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

no nothing to do with the tires. It was shot from the first day i put it in 4X4 so it came from the factory like that. But I have to lose my truck because they want to rebuild reather than replace
  8. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

Yes it was fluke came from the factory like that. As for the tire I got a free set of Michelin LTX A/T2 out of them after I lost it for a couple of weeks:nod:
  9. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

go buy some new tires.....your truck was mass produced...im sooo sorry that you got a bad transfercase! lol atleast they r fixing it for you
  10. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

If you ordered it with the 20 inch rims it would have came with good year wranglers for tires, did on my brothers truck. I have the 18 inch with the continetal's, they are not that great in the snow.
  11. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I got the 20's with Good year wrangler at/s and they do good in the snow.
  12. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

he already has to pay taxes so dodge's can be built!