1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mg1826, Dec 16, 2007.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Hey Guys, I need to put some lights on my truck. I'm thinking about a mini strobe or LED lightbar and maybe some hide-away strobes. What are you guys using? Any thoughts?
  2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

What type of vehicle is it?

A Whelen Responder or a Federal Signal Highlighter are two good LED mini bars to consider.
  3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

What's the application? Just for the snow removal or do you do other things on the side like Fire Fighting? What type of budget you on and last but not least... How indepth do you want to go?

I agree with DodgeGuy also...
  4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

3rd vote for whelen responder . just got one last week and ive been using it non stop last few days plowing thing is bright as hell and stops other cars and trucks in there tracks
  5. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

With that much information, it is like writing a blank check. Need some more information.
  6. mg1826

mg1826 Member

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD. I am very faniliar with whelen hide-away strobes as I used to be a volly firefighter and had them in my old truck. I am looking for a set up for snow plowing only. I still have 6 hide aways, a 90watt strobe pack and a control box but I want to get a mini lightbar as well. I also dont want to spend a ton of money....maybe under 350??

Has anybody used either the SHO-ME low profile LED mini lightbar or the new Nova strobe lightbar? http://strobeguy.safeshopper.com/86/cat86.htm?265
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Well your hide-a-ways will work good for both applications fire/snow, Stay away from Sho-me's IMO Stay with either the Whelen or the Federal systems for your roof lighting.
  8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

dude whelen responder with linear LEDS all i got to stay i got mine from strobes and more had at my door under 3 days . 315 with shipping is what i paid
  9. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

If you are still looking, let me know. I'm not far from you.
  10. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Goto craigslist . You can find whelen's all day and reasonably cheap. I use a whelen edge 9000 with 8 strobes. Very bright and multiflash.