1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning light wiring for crewcab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by corradofreek, Jan 26, 2006.

1. corradofreek

corradofreek Junior Member

not sure if this is the right area. but just wondering how you guys have wired your crewcab beacon/warning lamps. i'm looking at a few lights and not sure if i want to hard wire or use the plug in through the door.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Where will you be mounting the beacon?

Roof

Headache rack

Stake pocket pole

All makes a difference in where you run your wiring.

3. corradofreek

corradofreek Junior Member

Looking To Most Likly Do A Roof Mount. The Thought Of A Headach Rack Has Come To Mind, But I Don't Have The Money To Get One Of Those Yet.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

With a roof mount, your better off just getting a good magna mount, run the wire throught the rear CC door and just use the cig plug.

That or drill holes in your roof and hard mount it and run the wire above the headliner and down your A or B pillar and hard wire it with a switch.

With the headache rack, you have a more permanent solution with out putting holes in your roof.

Look for a nice single strobe as they don't draw many amps compared to motorized halogen beacons.

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You might consider LED. Longer life, brighter, less power and no hum.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would either do a magnetic mount minibar or a headache rack mount. I would either go strobe or LED, as said above they dont take much juice to run.

7. Does your truck have the plow prep

do you have the plow prep? if you do then you have it wired already. If not heres what I would do. Pull the 3rd brake light, drop the back part of the headliner, and pull the plastic pillar mold! Then run the wire out the 3rd brake light, through the roof, and down the pillar. Then run it under the carpet, near the doors and too the dash wherever you want the switch. If you want some pics of the roof mount and wire going into the brake light, I would be willing to take them, let me know.

8. Led

By the way, I would highly recomend the sho-me LED mini bars. They are magnetic and DRAW less than 1 amp. My biggest negtive of the rotators is that they sometimes make goofy buzzing noises when magnetically mounted to the roof!