1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning light system help!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joethevacman14, Dec 1, 2003.

?

Which Warning light system would you purchase?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2003.
  1. Mini-Bar w/ rear facing oval strobes & a dashlight

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Mini-Bar w/ 2 beacon strobes mounted lower than lightbar on each side of truck

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Mini-Bar w/Hide-away strobes in taillights and headlights

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

I am having a hard time deciding on a warning light system for my truck when I get one :D . Here are the 3 choices that I have thought of:

Mini-Bar w/ rear facing oval strobes & a dashlight

Mini-Bar w/ 2 beacon strobes mounted lower than lightbar on each side of truck

Mini-Bar w/Hide-away strobes in taillights and headlights

Any opinions are highly welcomed!

Thanx for everything!

P.S. we got another inch of slush today and more is expected tonight!!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Joe-

I think it'd be best to go with the oval strobes. The self contained beacons might reflect into your mirrors, and the hide-aways might be too much $$ for any kind of advantage theyd give over the beacons or ovals. IMO, the dash light might be overkill.

3. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

I gotta ask, How long can you stand a dash light reflecting into your face? I stopped running my dash light on the way to the firehouse unless it was daytime just because the glare was too much. How long can you guys stand it when you are plowing?

4. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I like the idea of the oval strobes, but you might only want them in the back. I was going to suggest mounting a couple of strobes on the grille, but you would probably get a lot of reflection coming off of the plow. I think the mini-bar should give you plenty of warning for the most part.