1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning Light On Controller

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by roofsinc, Nov 30, 2005.

1. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Did an install on my 03 F-250. Meyer E-60. Worked perfect at first try. Did a test run, and it wanted to angle right by itself. Straightened it out, did another test run, and now nothing. Dead. I noticed a little red lightning bolt with a ! in it on the controller. Checked all wiring, and everything seems to be OK. I'm stumped. Any insight?:eek:

2. TomJ

TomJ Junior Member

This is my first post and maybe I'll be able to help you out.
    Let me know.
    Check the ground wire on the wiring harness inside the cab to make sure it is getting a good ground.Also make sure that the solenoid under the hood is grounded.
    If you installed an older Meyer plow setup with more than six pins where the controller plugs into the wiring harness, you may have a broken wire in the harness between the controller and the pump/solenoid unit.
    I know that I may get flamed for this, but I have used Meyer, Fisher and Western for the past 25 years and I'd take the Meyer for dependability over the other two any day.
    Let us know how you make out.

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

You wont get burned or flamed by me but I will say do yourselves a favor and hardwire the plow motor, selenoids and plow lights and get rid of the multi pin deal.

4. Whip

Whip Member

Couldn't agree more in reference to the MD-II single plug. Just did one for a guy this week. The slightest bit of corrosion will cause the "overload light" and the plugs do not want to stay together.

5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I have this problem on a regular basis after I hook up the plow. Try to raise it and it jerks to the right and the keypad trips. Freaked me out the first time 'cause we were expecting a large snow storm in the morning! The fix, get out, unplug the wiring connection and plug it in again. It has only happened to me once while I was acctually plowing.

6. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

i went to the shop and it was $10 for the motor cables and i riddid myself of the multi pin, I was getting the overload light aswell. Best 10 i have spent all season. I was having head light problems aswell slow reaction time until it arked and some times the parking light didnt work... this is my first year with this plow and i found the problem before i found this post. But now its gone and all is well. .02 Jordan