1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning light not working?? Radio shack extention causing too much amp draw??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Trades, Jan 30, 2004.

1. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a Whelen 2 lamp rotator light. The first couple of snows it worked fine. The first problem was that one of the 3 12v outlets stopped working. I moved it to the next plug in and now the cord and plug smelled hot and now wont work. The fuses are OK. I have this plugged into a 10ft ext cord from radio shack. Could the longer cord cause a higher amperage draw?? Thanks

Todd

2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I have a radio shack extension as well for my light, no problems to speak of..but I also have a single teardrop-shaped rotating light.. Maybe theres a short somewhere in the light??

3. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have only used it this season. Maybe 6-7 times. I noticed before these problems that the plug in and cord would get pretty hot after 30-45 min.

4. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

maybe you just a extension with a bigger capacity...