1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

warning light install ???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by doo-man, Aug 31, 2009.

1. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Ok, looking to add more warning light's to my current set-up, just curious if anyone has mounted led/strobes between the factory smart lights?

What is the distance across the top where its flat to mount a light or lights to it?

I havent yet received my plow assembly yet and would like to know if some lights im gonna get will fit.

Also will it void any warranty by doing this??

2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Do you have any pics? Can you tell me what the width is between them where its flat ?

Thanks

4. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

That is the only pic i have right now plow is in storage and cant quite get to it. I dont know the width but what are you looking to put there?

5. vincent

vincent Senior Member

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I have a dual Whelen Raider light it measures 2-3/8"H x 1 7/8 "D x 11" W

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  7. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Put that light on your dashboard with a shroud to keep backflash to a minimum and call it a day.

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I have enough on the truck and want it on the plow as well as the single model for the salter!

9. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Having one on the salter would be cool. I have 2 TIR3's on my snowex 1075 tailgate spreader. Love em.

10. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

no they are on the same switch that runs the ones that are in my grill so when they are plugged in they work and so on