1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warning light blowing off?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Trades, Oct 19, 2003.

1. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I was wondering if the warnings on my new Whelen Guardian magnetic mount light should be followed. Has anyone had a light blow off?? Should I look for larger magnets, It has 4 small ones now. I will be driving at 55mph max. Thanks for any input.

Todd

2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

I dont think it would blow off... i might be woried if i was doing about 70 or 80 mph but realisticly who in their right mind would go that fast with a plow and light on in snow.

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

You should be good up to at least 70.

On a dry road of course:D :waving:

4. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Not that I advocate speeding, but I simply had to "test" and of course I continue to "test" the magnetic mount strobe. I can tell you that I have had no movement all the way up to 90+ MPH.

5. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

HELL-when im doin big lots in the s10-im goin at least 50-55:dizzy:

you should be fine:drinkup:

6. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I leave my magnetic mini lightbars on the trucks year round. That being said in summer running down the highway on trips or to distant job sites I know my Whelens can handle 80+ MPH easily and have never moved noticeably.

7. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Just make sure it is mounted on a clean surface, if mounted on ice it will easily "blow off."

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I have never had a problems with my strobe blowing off.One time a big chunk of ice hit it and it moved it but that was it.I have never gone high speeds with my plow hooked up either but been around 80 mph without and the strobe was fine.

9. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

I have never had my mini lightbar move on me at speeds up to 80mph.

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think it would come off,unless it was on Johnny D's truck :D