1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warn winch not compatible with Warn plow!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by stopthevoices77, Dec 30, 2015.

1. stopthevoices77

stopthevoices77 Junior Member

New guy here. First dumb question of many...
    I ordered a Warn ProVantage front mount plow for my Kodiak 450. I ordered it over the phone, so I missed the "not compatible with the Warn 2.5ci" disclaimer. Why doesn't this winch work with this specific plow mount? Do I have to buy a Warn winch or can I get a less expensive one?

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would think the winch should work with any plow all you need is a point to attach the cable hook to provide a lifting point?

how is your winch mounted? can you get it out the front of the ATV and have it go down without rubbing on a front bumper bar or anything?

Pic of the front of your ATV would help!

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

A product not working with their own product... sounds about as dumb as whipping before you poop.

4. stopthevoices77

stopthevoices77 Junior Member

It looks like the Warn 2.5 and the Warn 2000 both extend about an inch to far on one side to work with the Warn ProVantage front mount plow. It runs into the mount for the plow which attaches to the frame tubes directly behind the winch. I did the install and it became clear that I should have bought the center mount version. Ended up getting the Warn 3000 winch and it worked fine. I think any winch would work with the plow. You would just have to ensure that the dimensions fall within that of a compatible Warn winch. I hate when a project cost me twice as much as it should have :[