1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warn Snow Plows?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Deputy_Swan, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Deputy_Swan

Deputy_Swan Junior Member

I am looking to purchase a snow plow for my Newly purchased 2009 800 Sportsmen and am thinking about getting a warn snow plow. http://www.gowarn.com/atv-plows.asp

I will be plowing a gravel drive way so the plow needs to be tough, and in North Dakota it can snow massive amounts and be -30F or colder so it will take some abuse. Any buddy have any suggestions and any experiences with warn snow plows?
  2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

I have on and i like it. THE BIGGER THE BETTER. Trust me.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I've had good luck with my Warn plow on the Grizzly. I still want to get a pivot actuator. I was going to get the Warn Power Pivot last year but decided against it.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have an Arctic Cat plow on my Arctic Cat, but I wish I had bought a Warn so I could get the power pivote.
  5. ALC-GregH

from pa

Trust me, you don't want the Power Pivot from Warn. If anything use a piston style actuator to angle the blade.
  6. rm11234

rm11234 Junior Member

Just what is wrong with the Warn power pivot? Later! Frank
  7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Warn blade here, no problems. Good trip design also.
  8. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

If you're looking for full remote blade operation, you might also want to consider a BlackLine plow system:

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking setup Badger,

sublime out.
  10. ALC-GregH

from pa

Well I'll eat my words. I decided to get the Warn Power Pivot. I just don't have the time to fab up a actuator to pivot the blade. It works good statically. Time will tell once it snows. It does have a delay when actuating. It takes 2 seconds every time you want to change direction. It doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought. At least I don't have to get off the wheeler to change blade angle now. :)
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  11. sublime68charge

ALC, When you said you had bought the Power Pivot I thought back to this line of your's saying not to buy on and to trust you.

LOL say as I due but not as I say or due or said then done.

whatever good luck with it.

so you can't change direction on the fly with the power pivot correct?
    and there set points for the blade angle that is locks in on?

sublime out.
  12. ALC-GregH

from pa

You can do it on the fly, you just have to do it 2 seconds earlier. :D I think it will work for what I need. I'm not looking for something that can swat a fly out of the air. hahaha As long as it will change angle without me getting off, I'll be happy, for now. :) I did want to fab a piston actuator up to the blade and push tube but I've been too busy. I figure I can install that and be done instead of chasing down my buddies mig welder. Then the bottle will be empty, gotta get gas for it first. It would have burned up too much time. I'm confident that it will work well for what I need. I propped my foot against the blade and angled it toward me and it was loading the trip springs. I guess that's good enough. only time will tell as then always say. :)
  13. kagey

kagey Junior Member
    from Chicago

I have the power pivot and it does work well for me. I used it a half season last year about 5 times and it moves the snow and my lazy a$$ (not really) doesn't need to get off to move the blade. I too looked into accuators but I'm not that mechanical nor do I have that type of equipment to fix it so the pivot worked for me. It does have the 2 sec or so delay so I start to move it a little early and it has a little give once you stop moving it but overall it works and allows me to plow much faster. I am only doing my driveway and a few others along with walks, not comerical or for a business just me. But the first time I did use it I was out there 6 hours doing everyone and anyone I could to try it out. It was a 6" snowfall semi wet but not totally wet and heavy and it moved everything I threw at it. I use it my '08 650 TRV with a 54" warn plow w/plastic scraper. The feet are all the way up as I don't want to mess up any driveways I do and allow the trip springs to do their thing. I'm happy with that purchase. Now I'd rather have a front mount which I may decide to do at some point.
  14. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Cool... can't wait to hear how that Warn Pivot works.

Your Gizz is a fine looking machine. How do you like it?
  15. sublime68charge

all the Warn is bad, bashing aside.
    or the complaints about member's bashing warn and the general pissing going on right now.

ALC how's the Power Pivot doing?

just wondering.

sublime out.
  16. ALC-GregH

from pa

Haven't needed to use it. :cry: With what's coming in the next few days, I should have the chance to plow with it. I hope. payup
  17. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

I got the new warn front mount with 60" blade and powerpivot on my 08 Rincon. Ive used it for about 7 drives in 3 snofalls= 21 uses and 1 commercial job with 4-5' drifts on 3 acres of packed gravel. It worked great. Only i problem I found so far. Theres 2 "keys" or metal locking tabs that fall into place right behind the power pivot. When i was plowing the gravel the blade skipped a few times and the tabs popped out. Luckily i found them after 5min of kicking snow.LOL So now i run a bungee cord across them and hold down in place. Other then that it seems like a wicked unit. Just thought you all might wanna know!! Cheers

Ooops the pic doesnt have the bungee on but u get the idea!!

Quad pics 003.jpg
  18. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

Anybody else with some snow ever had any troubles with those locking tabs on your pivot??
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  19. raycat

raycat Junior Member

Wanting to purchase a Warn front mount, for a Polaris, and my dealer, tells me they are not available yet. Anyone else hearing this
  20. BruteForce750

BruteForce750 Senior Member
    from MA

They have part numbers for them http://www.warn.com/atv/plows/provantage_mount_kits_.shtml so they must be available, probably just not from that dealer....

check online, you'll get it cheaper as well :drinkup: