1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warn ProVantage vs. Standard Plow Blades?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by ferrari4756, Dec 27, 2009.

1. ferrari4756

ferrari4756 Member

hey guys i cant find much on this. what is the difference between these warn plow blades?

Do both blade setups have the springs?

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

They are the same. The difference is the front mount versus mid mount. All these threads your making saying your getting a plow is making me wonder. Did you actually get a 4 wheeler or is the one you posted sitting on the showroom just a dream? Did you actually buy anything yet?

3. BruteForce750

BruteForce750 Senior Member
    from MA

The Provantage system is a whole new redesign of Warns plow, mount, and push tubes. What's the difference between Warns Provantage and other companies, well do some research and check it out for yourself.

There are a lot of manufacturers out there and almost all of them have pictures and specs for their plows.

ALC, just an FYI but the Provantage system does come in a mid mount as well. http://www.warn.com/atv/plows/provantage_how_to_order.shtml

And Ferarri, you need to do some reasearch before asking questions. Many of the questions you've asked have been answered on this forum countless times. Not to be arrogant, but I have to agree with ALC, your beginning to look like a tire kicker...

4. ALC-GregH

from pa

BF, go back and check close. They are the same. The difference is the mounting. Front or mid.

5. BruteForce750

from MA

I'm not sure I follow you.... the page I linked is for the Provantage system, which is available in front mount or mid...so how is the difference mounting vs "standard plow blades"?

6. ALC-GregH

from pa

The way they mount is the difference. The plow is the same, everything but the mounting position is the same. The reason for the "new Pro-Vantage" name is the front mount design, nothing more. Regardless if they offer it in a mid mount too. The change is shorter push tubes and a front mounting plate. Everything else is the same.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

WTF! 45 posts and your telling the kid he is a tire kicker, WTFRU????

8. BruteForce750

from MA

Ya, cause it takes a couple hundred posts to realize this or begin questioning it at least...:laughing:

Just tell him to buy a moose and move on :dizzy:

Oh, and lets not forget ALC basically said the same thing and he has 300+; that must really throw a kink in your backwards thinking... moron

9. ALC-GregH

from pa

Don't drag me into it. I never said he was a tire kicker. He has made a bunch of threads about Warn plow and stuff. The picture he posted was of a ATV sitting in a showroom. Did he actually buy it? I don't know.

10. BruteForce750

from MA

Sorry, I don't mean to bring you into it. I just like to use facts to back statements up, and what you said, was basically what I was getting at.

11. ferrari4756

ferrari4756 Member

hahaha man guys this is crazy some of you think im a tire kicker haha. I am sorry to ask all these questions, but I am just trying to make an informed decision before i drop the money on this and learn all i can about it before i use it to make sure i dont damage anything annd learn how to PROPERLY plow.

please dont think of me an an "idiot" (for lack of better words), I know a lot about quads and engines, and ride and work of all mine frequently (we have a 4 acre quad trakc in our backyard). It's just that atv plowing is a whole differnt story, and something that i have never done before.

AND BTW, the picture i showed of the honda rincon ISNT mine, i was just posting a picture of a rincon to show you the body style and stuff, so you could properly answer the question. I didnt want you to think my quad was like a lightweight race quad or something. I try to give as much info as possible so you guys can answer the question the best as possible.

now here a pic of my quad, and I also included the john deere plow (thats another thread lol) so it's proof that its really mine. I also have a honda rancher 350 and a yamaha bear tracker 250, and an old honda 125 i think. sorry for all my hunting stuff on the quads lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres an update:

today I ordered everything I need and everything is on the way!! I got the warn standard plow blade, the base/tube assembly, and the rincon center mount!

THanks for all your help !!!

12. BruteForce750

from MA

No hard feeling Ferarri,

Just understand that most of these questions have been asked over and over again and can be located using the search feature.

Congrats on the purchase and make sure you post some pictures when you get it installed... then a whole lot more once you start plowing!

What size plow did you end up getting... 60"? Either way I'm sure you'll notice cleaning snow has never been so much fun!

13. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:D
    Yes Ferarri, you must realize brute is the village idiot and has plowed 2 whole storms so take all his info to heart.ROTFFLMAO!!!!

14. BruteForce750

from MA

Good Morning Old Man :waving:

Just posting so I can raise my post count to be more of an expert like you wesport

Must be rough seeing him buy a Warn plow... :(

15. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

+1 Sorry Brute but after your rant post which called out skywagon even though you tried to deflect and say your not signaling him out. your gonna get flack for some time over that.

16. rhulm1

rhulm1 Junior Member
    from ND

For anyone who cares what this thread is actually about, Standard Blade vs Provantage, the blades are NOT the same. ALC is stating that everything but the mounting is the same but that is incorrect. I'm not sure how the county blades have changed, but the straight blade used to be made of 14 gauge steel and the Provantage straight blade is made from 12 gauge steel. The skids are also larger. I've also noticed that the mounting for a snow control flap now faces parallel to the ground instead of up in the air. Overall, the new Provantage blades are a little more heavy duty than the Standard Warn plows used to be.

17. BruteForce750

from MA

Sorry Rhulm,

I've already tried... unless you significantly jack up your post count... "the big wigs" won't believe you....

18. BruteForce750

from MA

My post was full of evidence supporting my thread... I'm not trying to prove myself to those who have been around this website for a while as all of your ego's are far too high. Just because you've been a member of the website longer, and have a decent amount of posts, does not make you a better plow operator. Nor does it make your statements have any more credibility than mine or anyone else.

I'm simply here to gain knowledge and maybe learn a couple things I do not already know and to share my own knowledge and information with anyone else who wishes to learn or seeks help.

I understand the senior members are offended I singled out skywagon, but had I made the thread with out supporting myself, I would have also received "flack". It was a lose-lose situation but I chose to voice my opinion either way.

Its unfortunate the senior members can't take change or confrontation with out acting childish. If you guys felt my statement was lacking credibility or was incorrect, you should have shown me proof and opened my eyes.

Either way, sorry Ferrari to have derailed your thread.

19. ferrari4756

ferrari4756 Member

its fine guys haha. and i went with the 54" because i found a really good deal on it on amazon.com. Only 145 bucks with free overnight shipping. I'm getting it today!

20. BruteForce750

from MA

:drinkup:

Hell of a deal! But what a tease to have the blade and no mount or tubes lol
    :redbounce