1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WARN Provantage Plow System

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by dobe77, Oct 4, 2009.

1. dobe77

dobe77 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I know that it is new, but I was wondering if anybody has any input on the new WARN Provantage Plow System http://www.warn.com/atv/plows/provantage.shtml. I am looking at purchasing my first plow for my Honda TRX420FM and was about to purchase an American Eagle plow when I came across the WARN Provantage. Now I'm considering the WARN with a 54" 12 ga. blade. I will be plowing my driveway and the neighbors. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. rm25x

rm25x Member

I think either would work fine.
    I do like my warn though, it has the best release to pivot lever system I have seen on an atv so far.

My next plow will be a front mount though, I hate the belly mount. Gets hung up on everything.

3. johnscram

johnscram Junior Member

just ordered a 54 inch front mount provantage plow for the prarie 360 so ill let ya know how it works out

4. rhulm1

rhulm1 Junior Member
    from ND

Where is the best place to order online??

5. capnsac

capnsac Member

tweetys.com

6. BruteForce750

BruteForce750 Senior Member
    from MA

It's about $20 cheaper at 4wheelonline.com

I just ordered mine for approximately $500 total before the $70 rebate, for the whole front mount setup

:bluebounc

7. capnsac

capnsac Member

Ahh mann, I just got it for 540 before rebate with the front end setup, but I got it with the 60" tapered blade. I am looking forward to it though, I think this plow is going to be a beast.

8. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

Warn ProVantage

I bought a Warn proVantage system with a 60" blade and also the warn PowerPivot. It works awesome. The front mount lets you raise the blade a bit higher and i find it allows for easier piling of big snow banks.

9. capnsac

capnsac Member

How's the durability of the plow?

10. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

Durability seems good so far. No twisting or bending but havent had a good snowfall to push yet to do a real test!!!Not exactly sure on the gauge of metal used but it is heavy enough for what i need. Im no scientist but it seems the front mount puts a bit of down pressure on the blade when pushing compared to the belly mount which pushes straight.IMO anyway.

11. capnsac

capnsac Member

The down pressure would make sense and also you would have a steeper attack angle it would seem. Although I haven't had a chance to see how the push tubes are setup yet either.

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I hate when you buy something and the following year they update the product with better features. I have last years model plow with a belly mount. It's does a good job but I'd rather have a front mount system. Maybe if I get the time (yeah right) I'll see if I can mod the existing push tube and make it work on a front mount kit. If I can make it work right I wouldn't have to replace everything just get the new front mount mounting kit specific to my Grizzly. Only down side, I'd have to get the kit first and mount it up before I can even start to modify the push tube. I'd hate to spend the money and it not work.

13. BruteForce750

from MA

I've only received the mount and push tubes... are their better directions than the piece of paper that comes with the push tubes?

all it shows is an exploded view, which tells you very little....

Any way you could scan in the doc if you have it?

14. capnsac

capnsac Member

I can definitely understand your frustration, however I would assume that the way the front push tubes connect to the mount can't be that different. Have you tried contacting Warn customer service to see if you could get away with the new front mount with the new front push tubes and then you have the new mounting system with last years plow? Just something you might try.

15. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

My directions were junk. I ll try and find and scan for u though.

16. BruteForce750

from MA

Is it just one piece of paper essentially with a parts list?

All i got was an exploded view... which doesnt help all that much lol

17. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

I got detailed instructions with my mount but the mount is for a 08 Rincon so that wont help u and with the pushtube and plow all i got was an exploded view like u. I just grinned and beared it and got it together using that!

18. BruteForce750

from MA

Do you think you could take a couple pictures of how you assembled the push tube?

I'm struggling trying to follow the exploded diagram....:rolleyes:

19. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

Quad pics 002.jpg

Quad pics 004.jpg

Quad pics 001.jpg

Quad wplow1.jpg

Quad wplow5.jpg
    Hope these help, if not tell me exactly what part u want to know about and ill pm u some more pics.:nod:

Quad pics 002.jpg

Quad pics 004.jpg

Quad pics 001.jpg

Quad wplow1.jpg

Quad wplow5.jpg

20. BruteForce750

from MA

Thank you!!

I plan on tackling it tomorrow afternoon... those should help immensely!
    :yow!::yow!::yow!: