1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warn Power Pivot

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by JCGERB, Nov 23, 2008.

1. JCGERB

JCGERB Junior Member

Anyone have the Warn Power Pivot?

2. buzz

buzz Junior Member

3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I want one for my 60" blade on my Grizzly.

5. lowcostlawns

lowcostlawns Junior Member

I talked with a guy @ Montanajacks.com and he said they tested the product years ago before it went on the market... Apparently, it is crazy cool..

6. lowcostlawns

lowcostlawns Junior Member

How do the moose products fare to warn...

7. Outty330

Outty330 Member

skywagon

I do not see a power pivot availble by Moose. Did you by the Warn and adapte it to the Moose plow? If so how? Thanks

8. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Hi Outty! The actuator was made by American actuator for Moose, they sold for $499, I looked at these for a few years and thought it was too much $$$. In 2004 when I got my Rancher I saw an add on Craigs List that an outfit in MN was haveing a closeout on them and I should have bought at least five lol. Paid $150 new. I have been extremly satisfied
    with the product. I went to the American site and they have been bought out by another firm and here is the link, you may be able to buy directly from them.

http://www.hydramotion.net/ ussmileyflag

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Sky wagon, I got this
    darn it got my replay all typed up and posted and you already posted.
    Sublime responding,

Skywagon and a kit from a company called american MFG they also make the eagle plow's

It is for Power angle on the Moose Plows I just installed one of there kits for my Moose plow on Sunday night.

It works great I had a few hiccups the first time I plowed with it but I plowed 3" of snow last night on my 3 drives and it work fine the whole time. came uplugged once. I need to secure the plug for it.

I got mine from ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260200745631&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

yes a bit pricey also I have found them here
    http://www.onlyatv.com/eagle-plow-accessories.php

so there you go.

so far so good for mine.
    Though I have sheared the pivot bolt 2x which is what it is suppose to due to protect the cylinder from bending.

sublime out

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  10. Outty330

Outty330 Member

Thanks skywagon, $500 is alot o cash for a small actuater like that. You should have bought all they had could've made a fortune! LOL. I'll check out the site but unless I can get for under a couple hundred bucks i'll have to stick with the manual angle option.

11. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Hey Lime! yes that is the same as mine and I see they are still spendy! Wish I had bought 5 but that now is hindsite lol!!!:D:D:D

12. Outty330

Outty330 Member

Thanks Sublime68charge, but $400 bucks is more than I have in my Outlander330, plow included! But thats a long story. Anyway thanks for the quick responses I'm new here and found alot of info and help with my ATV and plow. Thanks again!

13. sublime68charge

yea I know I had to pay a full price for it. But I counted on 1 snow fall last year for my 3 drives that I due I had to change blade position 17 times in 3 hours of Plowing.

If I was only changing Blade position 3 or 4 times no big deal and I now have a soft cab for the atv as well that will go on soon and from what I've read about them its a pain to get in and out so I wanted to be able to change blade postion from the seat.

so far so good with mine, I plowed last night and my only hiccup was the connection came unplugged down by the cylinder.

14. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Lime writes:so far so good with mine, I plowed last night and my only hiccup was the connection came unplugged down by the cylinder.

Hey Lime! Wrap the conector with electrical tape because snow and ice can unplu them. :D:D:D

15. sublime68charge

yea that is on my to due list. soon as I get the ATV back in the heated garage and get electric tape heated up to wrap it all up. but before that I need to make the funky U part and weld that up to the cylinder Pivot Point on the blade and for that I'll end up taking the Plow off the ATV so I can flip the whole work's upside down for welding.

Saturday I am hoping to find time to make this happen.

sublime out.

16. Italian Bee

Italian Bee Junior Member
    from Calgary

Im wondering if i can a power pivot or somethign to work on my glacier plow system i plan on buying?

17. whosnext

whosnext Junior Member
    from nh

i added this actuater to my glacier plow system, the only problem i broke it yesterday when plowing (i hit a concret lip and the plow caught which tilted the plow forward and down ripping the plunger out of the actuater) trying to figure another way to hook up so if it happens again i wont rip actuater apart? any ideas? what do the road plows use?

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

18. sublime68charge

from your pics it looks like you have the Actuater bolted right to the Plow frame so that if the Plow flips it puts pressure on the cylinder to try and go vertical

for my the Actuater bolts to the turning pedalstal and then the plow flips down but the pedastal stays on the horizontal plane instead of going vertical.

I would think if you got a U shape peice of channel Iron Bolted that down to the Plow frame 1 bolt snug with a lock nut but will allow it to rotate side to side and then drilled holes through the side of the U and bolted the actuator to the U it will allow the Plow to flip down but not try to put the actuator in the vertical. again lock nut the actuator bolt so there is freedom for the plow to trip.

I smoked a curb with mine yesterday now I don't have any movement of my actuator. Had to go back to the old Manual Pin system till I get it replaced.

sublime out and good luck

where did you get your actuator and what are the specs of it?
    stroke length? holding force? cost?

19. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Hey, Lime is rite, that thing needs to pivot or it will snap every time, both my clyinder ends are mounted with play to swival and not break. This is a pic, I will try take another closeup tomarrow after i plow as we got lots of snow comming again lol.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/skywagon12/IMG_0677.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  20. whosnext

whosnext Junior Member
    from nh

is it possible to draw picture of what you are talking about?

I bought it from these guys: http://www.surpluscenter.com.

6" STROKE LINEAR ACTUATOR and a CONTROLER, controller has 3 preset positions on it as well as manual adjustment.

Linear was $80, controller $56, extension harness $20 and mount $9. 107 lbs push pull and 500 lbs static