1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

warn power pivot or moose hydro kit???

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nautica0626, Oct 24, 2010.

1. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

as we all know its that time of year we get ready for old man winter to come... i neve rgot around to getting a power angle system... now im def doing it this year since we got bombed with snow an i had to ge toff quad 100 times.. just cuiours on people opnion on which is better or prefer.. money isnt a key so dont worry bout thatl.. just want the low down on which may be better in long haul or faster or which u prefer.. thanks..
  2. irv

irv Senior Member

the warn electric power pivot only fits warn plows. what setup do you
    have.ive used their power pivot for at least 4 seasons now w/out
    a problem. i do my shop, a few neighbors drives and some sidewalks.
  3. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

gettimg a new set up this year got any ideas on that too
  4. noooooo

noooooo Member

I used the moose hydro kit last year and it worked flawless. I use it for light commercial work. Small parking lots and residential driveways. The only issue was that I had an older moose 60" and the brackets that bolts between the pushtubes were the wrong width. At some point a few years ago they changed the width of the pushtubes. Nothing a little cutting and welding couldn't fix. The question is do you want an electric motor that turns gears or pumps hydraulic fluid into hydraulic cylinders?