1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warn hub come unlocked

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LockedUP, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Anyone ever have a warn hub come unlocked during a day of plowing...My prem hubs are about 6 months old and the right unit started making noise so I stopped and checked it, it was 1/2 locked..:(
  2. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

Yeah.. had that problem really.. One Rule is not to put GREASE in the HUBS.! that what damage them. if yours really damaged then it's finished.

My hubs were old some how had grease in it from repair 10 years ago did't really use them much till I put the plow on truck 5 year ago.

I got new ones really. they work great and good NO GREASE IN IT.

The grease keeps the hubs from go in full lock.

yeah they make alot noise hitting gears even a BIG KICK..
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Make the hold down screws are tight and the O ring is in place. They are allen screws, an off size. Advanced Auto Parts sells the seal and screw kits. I had one loosen ( Warn ) and it would do the same after a long time in 4X4, sounded like a grinding on the front end. Be cool on using grease on them, when it gets really cold the grease will not let it fully engage the hub.