1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

warn front mount or center mount on grizzly

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nautica0626, Jan 2, 2012.

1. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

Trying to fig out what's better mount and will work good on grizzly.. mainly for durability and what wont hurt quad in long run

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

the general thinking is the center mount will take more abuse and leave the quad in better shape than a front mount.

just my $.02 worth.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Go mid mount. I'm not a fan of the front mount kits.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have mid mount But the front mount will lift higher then a mid mount When I got my plow there wasnt a front mount If I ever change plow will be front mount My buddy has one last 3 years with n/p

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I get plenty of clearance with the mid mount on my Grizzly.

[​IMG]

6. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

Not sure if I'll ever go back to a mid mount now after using the front mount. It lifts snow higher and connects/disconnects extremely easy. The ground clearance is not changed at all.

7. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

its possible to bend stuff if ya take a hit with a front mount, worse case scenario with a midmount would be broken ubolts, to me they are cheap, i know cause i just replaced mine.

8. MtnCowboy

MtnCowboy Member

Never used a front mount mount, but for 6 years have had a mid mount Warn on a Grizzly. Plowing is rough up here and I've beaten the hell out of the plow(boulder/stump locater) to the point where it seems it's now mostly made of welding rod and replacement parts. The push tube tabs that connect to the ATV mount are also bent, however there are no signs that the ATV itself or the mount are any worse for wear. I'd think a front mount system might put more stress on the quad.

I plowed a road several weeks ago, the surface of which was 3" minus rock that had been dumped and "walked in" with a Cat. WOW! Never again.