1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warm-up, then snow for Mid-Atlantic

Discussion in 'Weather' started by emeraldgreen, Jan 2, 2008.

1. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

From the weather site that I regularly monitor, it looks like we have a brief warm-up with Hi temps maybe hitting 60 around the 7th-9th, then a big pattern change. Cold air comes back in around the 11th with a stormy set-up for the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic. Right now, although it can certainly change, models are showing a storm around the 12th, and another around the 15th. Hopefully this will pan out for everyone.
    Happy Plowing.

2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I don't know where you got your info, but The Mad Man on accu weather is sniffing out a potential big storm for around the 15th The Nao is going negative at that time also which is a good dsign.

Mak.

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah look for a thaw....then old man winter coming back around the 15th!:bluebounc

4. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

hopefully, looks like some actual real cold weather is coming in... hopefully with the next 2 weeks it actually becomes winter and we can start working

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

looking forward to some melting for more room to pile!

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Hope its true.... my plow is in the shop getting some service done to it, i need to make up for the unexpected bill :rolleyes:

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i'm trying not to get my hopes up but henry normally dead on with his forecasting esp long range

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:HENRY BETTER BE RIGHT OR IM GOIN LOOKING FOR HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZZ:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

9. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

snow

I agree :gunsfiring:

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Hopefully it gets us in NJ

11. nicksplowing

IM PRAYING:angel::angel: WE ALL GET IT I THINK MD,DE,NJ,PA AND PARTS OF NY ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT:cry::cry:

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

just think last year it took to jan / feb to get going tho making for a short season

13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Hey, be careful... I hear Henry is a Baaad Dude....

14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I thought he was the "mad man" not a bad dude. lol

I too saw what he had posted. I think the cold snap is only going to last a few days.

15. nicksplowing

IM 6,5 365 SO IF HE CAN KICK MY AZZZZZZ HE IS A BAD DUDE LOL:dizzy:

16. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Ya but. Nick maybe the mad man is as big as you? lol

Mak

17. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I like Henrys forecasts but watching his videos he is not nealry 6'5 or 365.........maybe he's a blackbelt or something though.......

18. nicksplowing

AS LONG IT SNOWS HENRY IS SAFE WITH ME :angry:

19. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Dose anyone remember when the last huge northeaster hit all the major cities along the east coast. I don't remember any the last two years.

Mak

20. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

i wanna say it was feb. of 2006...i know in jersey we got around 12-16 cuz i was down in FL and the guys i work with were calling and i was laughing at them