1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warehouse Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by web2022, Aug 15, 2016.

1. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

I am looking at bidding on this warehouse and would like to see what you guys would roughly charge for a per push price and also seasonal price, salting included. The lot is roughly 15 acres. Currently we were looking to plow it with a Backhoe with a 12' pusher and two skid loaders with 10' pushers. Typically we are around 30-40" of snow a year and plow about 20 times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Warehouse.JPG

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

You got plenty equipment, I would think the hoe and 12FT would work. Figure the footage more will be willing to help. You got to figure materials.

3. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

What do you mean by figure the footage? Are you talking about the footage to be plowed?

4. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

SQ ft, Acreage etc. Break it up width and length. Compare what you get for a smaller lot and add to it. Still got to figure your material.

5. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

He said 15 acres

6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I've never used a pusher, how will those do around all those trucks and trailers?

7. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

The trucks are in and out of that place regularly so I am assuming typically we will not be plowing in between them if there is only one open space, if that makes sense.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It looks like you captured the whole property not just the lot.

9. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

In the picture yes I did. But I subtracted out the building to get the 15 acres.
    Building-867,260sqft
    Whole Property-1,500,000
    This puts you at around 14.5 acres and i rounded to 15 to be safe.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Huh..... I would have put the lot at around 6-7acres.
    Instead of running both skids with pusher you should consider a KAGE plow/pusher type or SnowWolf Quattro Plow set up for back dragging the docks.

Anchorplow likes this.
  11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

15 acres and those long runs call for a tractor or wheel loader. Not a skid or backhoe.

Put one loader in there with a wing plow that's 10-12 foot box and 16-18 feet all open and let it do it all.

I don't think I would take it unless I had some kind of retainer to cover my machine costs.

truckitup likes this.
  12. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

We were looking into getting a wheel loader so that might be a good possibility for that. I have not really bid any commercial properties quite this big before and would like to know roughly what people would charge or just some type of starting point for me to work off of to get started..

13. John_DeereGreen

What's the closest property size wise you've had to this?

14. web2022

web2022 Junior Member
    from PA

Around half the size of this one id say.

15. John_DeereGreen

And what did you charge as a seasonal rate for that property?

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's the biggest 15a lot I've seen in while.

Loader with skid and pickup.

Best of luck with bid.

17. SWestwood

SWestwood Junior Member

I've never run one but saw this on Protecs youtube channel. Could work well for trailers.

18. Hamster360

Hamster360 Junior Member

Unless I am looking at this picture wrong, but it looks like there is way more building than asphalt, not only slightly more than half?

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I was going to say the same thing. Way more warehouse than asphalt. I know it's a pic but don't seem right. Guys already suggested that it looked like a huge 15 acres.

20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

My bad, must grazed over it. :hammerhead: