1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Warantee Legal Chip for 6.0L?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by POWERSTROKEFURY, Nov 11, 2004.

1. POWERSTROKEFURY

POWERSTROKEFURY Junior Member

Just wondering if there was a HP chip out on the market for the 6.0L that wouldn't void my warantee. Believe me, this motor is NOT lacking it but I pull a landscaper trailer with it.

2. ctplowguy

ctplowguy Junior Member
    from ct

I think the diablosport tuner is warranty friendly.Check here:http://fordtrucks.com/ awesome site.They will help you with with ANYTHING on ANY ford truck!

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

There are no "warranty friendly" chips or programmers, atleast in Fords eyes. It basically all depends on the dealership that you go to and if they are a mod friendly dealer. The dealer that I go to has no problem with any mods that I have done to my 99 and 03 which includes a chip, air intake, exhaust, propane, injectors, clutch, and more. They will warranty everything as long as the mods are not the main or only cause of the problem. The key is finding a good dealer.

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I had an opportunity to buy a superchip programmer for my Ford from a guy that purchased his (programmer) from the Ford dealer.
    The dealer installed the program for him on his new truck when he bought it, and removed the program from his truck when he traded it in a few years later.
    Guy wanted to much for it so I didn't buy it.

The problem is if your programmer causes damage to lets say the turbo, then the dealer may take issue with that repair.

I think there is a law that protects the consumer allowing installation of aftermarket parts, as long as they don't cause damage.

Check out the web sites of the brands you are considering purchasing and see what they have to say about them.
    And when you decide on a model, punch it up at E-Bay I got a sweet deal on a brand new one in the box for my truck.
    Here is a link to the superchip web page.
    http://superchip.com/html/products/ford/diesel_trucks.htm