1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanting expandible Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by WIPensFan, Oct 27, 2009.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Can't believe Daniels has not made something like the SnowHogg Switchblade?? Daniels I think your falling behind the competition! Someone from Daniels please respond. Tell me your working on the next generation of pull plows!! BTW I've been tooting your horn on this site ever since I joined.

2. WIPensFan

Yeaaaahh, I'm talking to myself, yeaaahhh!!!

3. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Ebling has reach up and grabbed the pull plow industry by the short and curlys.

Daniels and SnowMan are in danger of becoming obsolete.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

5. WIPensFan

I've seen all the videos. I just wish I could buy one of them from a local dealer.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Get it right... that's MY ebling back blade, custom twin lift, so i can use my v-box spreader still wesport

JD Dave is the Canadian distributor but im not sure if he can sell in the U.S.

7. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

****wanted all input on back blade plows****

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a back blade plow. The only exposure I have is watching some videos her and on You Tube. I have seen the Ebling ( of which I hear is the Cadillac of back blade plows) and I also saw the Daniels and Switchblade. I have also checked the Internet and have found some local fabricators who build these units. Before I plunk down some big bucks I want to be sure I;m making the right choice. If anyone has any knowledge, experience or preference please get back to me. As with front plows and trucks, most guys (and women) are loyal to specific brands. Well here is your chance,. Thanks everyone, and have a Merry Christmas. Jerry.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If your looking for an hydraulic wingplow Ebling is the best. I talked to everyone about them before I bought and nobody has one bad thing to say about Ebling. I can give you pricing if you want, just PM me.

9. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Rear plow

Hi, Thanks for getting back. That sounds great, What is the max. amount of snow that it will work effectaly in. Please include the total price with installation. Thanks, Jerry/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. pch1

pch1 Junior Member

Stabbed in the back with a switchblade

We used your New Ebling 16' wing back blade yesterday and this morning for a total of about 8 TROUBLE FREE hours. The driver just loved it, the same driver that suffered with the Snow Hogg Switchblade.

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

LOL, your sig is wayy too funny :drinkup:

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you liked the Ebling. :drinkup:

I sent you a PM HGT.

13. coral

coral Senior Member

Where in the world is jon geer? he used to have a lot to say....havent seen him in a while....

14. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

"A tweak to our back blade, would destroy most other back blades."
    Just be sure to carry a couple $1.50 grade 2 bolt in case you plow something like that, like snow. :laughing:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  15. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Triple L can you post some pic of your set up with the spreader? You have me really interested now!:nod:

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Here's Chad's. If you end up wanting pricing PM.

ebling chad.jpg

ebling chads.jpg

17. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Wow. That truck is a little over the GVWR even without salt:dizzy: DMV would have our butts here for that one. Very cool though. When the time comes I wll get some prices.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Really you think he's over loaded.;)

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That is just asking for trouble here with the way things have been. Many towns are also training thier officers. If I do something like that it will me on a 5500. How much does the Ebling unit weigh?

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

835 for a normal 16" but the salter version has 1 more cylinder and lifting frame, so probably pretty close to 900.