1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Sealer, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Looking for a good used auger motor for a snowex 1875. Part# D6320

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Good luck!! By the time I see them, they are usually with a broken housing from the impeller jamming up. You'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay the $279.00 for a new one. Sorry, I don't have a better answer for you.

3. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

I picked this spreader up at what I think is a really good price. I'm just trying to keep the cost down so I can avoid those "evil eye" looks from the better half! If I have to bite the bullet and get a new motor, I'll still be way ahead of the game.

4. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Does anyone have a serial # or any # other than the D6320 that's on the sticker? Or maybe know of who makes these for snowex?

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Make sure your rubber coupler between the trans and motor are good. Try a local starter rebuilding shop. They may be able to rebuild it.

6. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

I would've tried a place to get it rebuilt, but the end cover and front cover (where the shaft comes out) were falling apart in chunks due to corrosion.... I'm glad you mentioned the coupler, because I never noticed it when I took it apart. Went into the garage this morning and there it was, laying on the floor and in great shape. It was listed in the manual, but no picture. Anyways......Yesterday I stopped at a local plow dealer just for kicks to see if he might have one. Even though he only sells buyers and air-flo spreaders. Turns out he bought a lot of stock from a guy in New York who closed up shop awhile ago and he had a new motor still in plastic. Sold it to me for $100. Put it on when I looked for that coupler this morning and it works great! So I got a snowex 1875 spreader for $400 and new motor for $100. $500 total for an 1875. And that was complete with swinging mount, vibrator, wiring and controller. Don't think I did too bad on the deal....huh?

Now, to decide wether to mount it up to use it for what may be only a couple more weeks of bad weather, or do I wait 'till the fall?