1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED - Wire Harness for '05 Chevy

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by yamahartx, Dec 25, 2009.

1. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am purchasing a 2008 29HDW 8' sno-way in the morning. It comes with controller and mount for my truck ('05 3/4 chevy duramax). But the guy did not take the time to remove the wiring before selling his truck.

Can you guys/gals help me locate one soon?

Thanks, Brent
    563.210.2943 (iowa)

Anyone know the cost of a new one before I purchase this plow. I would hate to find out its alot of money.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

Okay, found some pricing for harness's on a site. Looks like I will need two if I want the lights to work.

Now trying to see if a very slightly used 2008 29hdw is worth 2800+harness's??

3. things to check

Well ....if the unit is not on the truck have the person take the lift bar off so you can get a good look at the A frame tabs to be sure they are not bent. I jumped on a 29D for a ridiculously low price and i've been burned real good.
    So far:
    Truck mount ($700 and change)
    NEW A FRAME @#@#$@#$ ($780)
    Still need a Lift frame ( $400 or so) which my vendor cant seem to locate.....
    So I've now missed 1 storm do to my own stupidity...:angry: good thing for backups!

$2800 is a fair price since they run upwards of $4800 depending on what options come with it....... You get what you pay for.... learn from my mistake.
    Good luck....

PS... i might have the headlight adapter for your truck since my nightmare came off a 2005 chevy.

4. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

Plow was used 4 times. A-frame is on my truck. Waiting for the harness to come in. Plow is NEW condition. Guy really needed money. Bought it for 2800 plus new harness.

Really like that that I didnt have to cut anything on my truck. VERY HAPPY!