1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Western Unimount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mow Right, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

I have a 1993 F150 with western uni-mount braces on it, and I need a western plow (so it will mount to my truck) or a plow with mounts that will work on my truck...

Also I might be interested in buying a whole seperate truck w/ plow if the price is right....

Basically I just need to move some snow and I don't have anything to do it with, and I don't have a real big amount of money to get what I need either...especially since snow isn't really a guaranteed money maker in Ohio like grass is...

If you have anything that might work just reply...

Thanks

- Josh

2. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

How much are you looking to spend on a plow josh? I may be able to find you one. I also can get you a late model Chevy c20 4x4 with a flat bed with a western on it. Phil hicks has it so it is pretty close to go look at it. Or I can get you a 7'6 western uni plow for 700 with the pump, the guy lives in canton Ohio. Also call up Paul he was telling me these is a place on Dixie hwy that sells them pretty cheap couldn't figure where out by the directions he told me lol. By the way I was going to buy the one in canton but I wrecked my truck and let my sub take over my list of plow accounts so I decided not to buy it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  3. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

I am hoping to spend under $800 because I don't want to drain my bank account going into winter with so many monthly bills to pay....

I am interested in the one in canton if you have anymore information on it...

Also I called Paul because I wanted to see if he would sell the plow on the F250 he has (since it used to be the plow on my truck) but he doesn't want to for less than $1500. Also I was re-enforcing that I am plowing my mowing accounts and not him (he was planning on it since I don't have a plow).... All I have is about $200 per snow to plow, but its a start and I might be able to get some more of the mowing accounts to let me plow...
    With so little to plow I hate to spend much money, because I don't have much after I bought that last chopper....and around here who knows if we will get enough snow for me to make back the money from the plow..

Also who is your "sub"?

Talk to you later..

Josh

4. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Well this plow is in Canton Ohio it is under 800 so it under what you want to spend for a plow. Yea I just got off the phone with Paul cause he asked me if I wanted to buy the silver truck he has, but I may be buying a 2001 ford f-250 4x4 for a cheap price. I havn't seen the plow but he said it was completely redone and painted so its like a brand new plow so 1500 sounds like a good deal to me. My sub is my sister B/F and I gave him all my accounts and I am working for him this winter so I am using his truck and plow. Here is a link to the plow I was talking about.

Later Josh.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=162072

5. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

$700 is more in the range of what I am wanting to pay... I just don't have enough to plow to make it worth spending very much on it... especially with school and all, I don't have time to take on big jobs...

I will try to contact the guy in canton...

Thanks alot...

- Josh

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  6. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

Plow deal with the other guy didn't go through, still need one...

7. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

Still need a unimount, if you have one just tell me what you want to sell it for and maybe we can work out something..

8. aeconcrete

aeconcrete Junior Member
    from MI

Mount?

I have a problem opposite of yours! I have the Western plow all set to go and no mount! Let me know if you find another plow and mount and if you are interested in selling the one currently on your truck. I can't find a used one anywhere and they want $600 for a new one.

9. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

Try This Guy

I have dealt with this guy before he has a lot of used stuff
    John
    419-234-0720 cell
    419-645-6764 home

I would also call around dealers to check for mounts and used plows .
    last year I got on the western web site and looked on the dealer list and called a bunch but found my 98 chevy unimount mount for $150.00 . I had to drive 50miles one way but hay .

10. ParksLandscaping

ParksLandscaping Member

I have a used western uni-mount I would be willing to sell. Let me know if you are interested.

Dave