1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted: western Unimount truck side mount and wiring/controlsfor 94+ dodge

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by nwmetrolawns, Oct 20, 2009.

1. nwmetrolawns

nwmetrolawns Junior Member
    from MN

like title states, I need a mount and wiring for a 1998 ram for a western Unimount plow
    In MN, willing to pay shipping if out state.
    Please contact asap if you have any of the requested items
    nwmetrolawns@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Jeremy

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a mount, $550 plus shipping

3. nwmetrolawns

from MN

wow saw your ads for 450 and 400 already, not interested for that much, local dealers have them from 350 no shipping good luck bending someone over, new old stock ones on ebay are 550

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, I do this for a living champ. I'll buy as many as you can get for $350 right now, and throw you a finders fee for each one. The mounts you are referring to of mine were ads from 7 months ago.....AFTER plow season. Supply and demand my friend. I just sold a used 99-up GM truckside today for $1,200 plus $300 install. 2 days ago a 73-87 GM for the same. Actually that mount was $650 on the ticket b/c its a cheaper and simpler harness. Sold a 73-87 last year used on ebay for $665 on a no reserve auction plus $80 freight, and had my guy drop it off b/c we were going up there anyway. People happy to pay that b/c they can't be bought new anymore. These are the guys that will be ready and making money when the snow flies, not the ones scrounging around trying to save a buck.

Good luck? I don't need luck.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

6. Watkins

Watkins Member

I can build you a mount, I use 7014 rod with a DC welder and use the same heavy gauge angle iron as original, I can also reinforce the plow mount to break your truck when u hit ice piles without destroying the mount heh, most people don't want reinforcement as it does break their truck and adds only about 3 lbs.
    I just need your original dimensions and measurements from your existing mount, or if you only have the plow, I need to know the measurements inside the horns of your frame where it will be mounted and the measurements of your plow tabs.
    Outside to outside of the tabs.
    Also, what size pin is used and if possible, a picture of one made.
    Image from someone elses plow.
    I believe it's only 2 tabs on yours.
    I can make you one for 30 bucks down, + shipping.
    Asking 85 but you can pay the rest at your own discretion if you feel it's good quality and lasts you all winter with no problems.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. nwmetrolawns

from MN

Sounds like a deal, email me @ jwdominick@yahoo.com and we can make arrangements etc...
    I can paypal you today

Thanks!
    Jeremy

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah I'd like to see one of these home made mounts. We do a lot of fab work, and to make a mount similar to the original would cost me more than that in steel, let alone labor.